The Mahitahi Colab was created with the vision of collaborating to support and inspire clever business, innovation and talent in Nelson Tasman.
Designed to place local businesses and the tertiary sector at the heart of the Nelson Tasman innovation and business community, the Mahitahi Colab exists to influence and inspire future economic development in the region. The intention is that together we will be able to build a more connected business and innovation community, by creating stronger links between clever business, investors, researchers, business development providers, Government and the education sector.
The three founding partners are the Nelson Regional Development Agency, Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce and Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, who are already realising the benefits of working more closely together to support economic growth. In addition to the founding partners, a range of key public good focused business and talent development organisations are being invited to join the Mahitahi Colab.
The Mahitahi Colab is located in A Block at Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, and has been designed to include a range of collaboration facilities including:
• access to the wide range of business and talent development services offered by the residents;
• access to a range of events designed to support and inspire business growth, innovation and education;
• collaborative shared working spaces, including hot-desks;
• a range of event and meeting spaces, including a signature board room;
• access to NMIT graduates and students for research projects and intern work placements.
We now have a Mahitahi Colab Community Manager Sinead Ogilvie, who ensures a coordinated and connected approach to the delivery of our services, in raising the profile of innovation within the region and in realising our objectives to bring this space alive through collaboration.