Terms & Conditions
By entering the 'Share Your Extraordinary' competition, each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- The 'Promoter' is the Nelson Regional Development Agency.
- An 'Entrant' is any individual who submits a video into the competition before midnight on Sunday 29th April by way of filling out the web form on the nelsontasman.nz website, provided the entrant and the video submission meets the eligibility criteria set out in section 2.
- A "Prize winner" is any entrant whose submission has been selected as one of three winning entries as per the judging process set out in section 7.
- Entrants must be:
- Living locally in the Nelson Tasman region, AND
- Be aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- The video must:
- Be no longer than 2 minutes
- Contain only video footage taken in the Nelson Tasman region
- Focus on one or more of the following areas: Arts & Artisans, Diversity, Stunning Natural Landscapes, Activities (eg cycling, hiking, dining, water, adventure) or anything else you believe makes Nelson Tasman extraordinary.
- Comply with the terms set out in section 3 relating to video content.
- The promoter reserves the right to determine at their sole discretion, whether at the time of entry or thereafter, a submission qualifies for entry into the competition and may withdraw an entrants’ video from the promoters’ website and from the competition at any such time and if applicable, revoke any prizes awarded to the entrant in relation to their submission. It is at the sole discretion of the promoter as to whether any re-submissions made past the competition closing date are accepted.
- Maximum 2 entries per person.
3. Video Content
- The submission must not:
- contain drone footage in any of our region’s National Parks (Abel Tasman National Park, Nelson Lakes National Park or Kahurangi National Park) unless authorisation has been granted by DOC. The entrant must, if requested, provide the promoter with proof of this authorisation.
- be discriminatory, racist, hateful, violent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, offensive, or unlawful.
- contain or feature nudity, alcohol, drugs or cigarettes (note: featuring the regions craft beer and wine is okay, providing it doesn't promote drinking culture or intoxication).
- advertise or be designed to sell a product or service or increase traffic to any website other than the promoters official web pages.
- be otherwise objectionable, or in poor taste.
- include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production, including but not limited to music, film, books, television programming or identifying descriptions of any media property. All music featured in any video must be available to publicise and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis.
- feature any recognisable person in a private or domestic setting OR any recognisable person on private land OR any recognisable person under the age of 18, unless permission has been granted from the recognisable person or their parent/guardian. The entrant must be able to demonstrate they have this permission if requested (eg model release, signed permission) otherwise their submission may be deemed ineligible.
- The promoter takes no responsibility for any failure by an entrant to obtain the necessary authorisations.
- The promoter accepts no liability for submissions that contain content that is not solely owned by the entrant. It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that the entrant warrants and represents that their submission is solely owned by the entrant and solely created by the entrant for the purpose of entering this competition, and that no other party has any rights or interest in the video. The entrant further represents and warrants that the video and any use thereof by the promoter or any partners, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law intellectual property right (including, without limitation, any copyright) under NZ and international laws and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of third party.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their work, but in submitting their entry understand that the promoter may choose to share this entry on the nelsontasman.nz website and on their social channels throughout the course of the competition. In such instances, the promoter will acknowledge the entrant by the name provided on their entry form.
- Prizewinners will also retain copyright in their work. However, in order to receive their prize, each prizewinner must grant to the promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the works in all media or platforms, whether now known or hereafter invented, for any purposes the promoter may determine without further consideration to the prizewinner or any third party. The prizewinner also waives any and all moral rights in the works with respect to any use by the promoter.
- The entrant understands and acknowledges that they are not entitled to any compensation or other consideration for the promoter to exercise the above rights in relation to the entrants’ video once it has been submitted into the competition.
- The personal information of the entrant will be kept private and confidential, other than for purposes relating to the successful execution and promotion of this competition. The entrant acknowledges that, in accordance with the nature of this competition, this may include the publication of their full name and submission on the promoters’ website or social channels, as well as a link through to the channel their submission is being hosted on.
- Prize winners acknowledge that their personal information (such as name and contact details) may be shared with trusted third parties solely for the purpose of administration and prize fulfilment.
- The promoter will not sell, rent, transfer or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party other than as described above herein.
7. Process of selecting and notifying prizewinners
- The judging panel, as chosen by the promoter, will review all qualifying entries on Monday 30th April 2018 and determine a shortlist. The judges’ decisions regarding the shortlist are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
- The shortlisted entries will be shared out on the promoters Facebook page (@ilovenelsontasman) before 5pm Monday 30th April 2018.
- Of the shortlisted entries posted on the promoters Facebook page (@ilovenelsontasman) on Monday 30th April 2018, the three with the most likes by 5pm Thursday 10th May 2018 will be deemed to be the prizewinners.
- Prizewinners will be notified by email (via the email address provided on the entry form) before 5.30pm Thursday 10th May 2018 and will be required to respond to the notification attempt and to provide any requested documents and/or files (including, but not limited to the video file, proof of prizewinners age and address and proof of address for their out-of-town friend) within 10 working days. Failure to respond within this time frame or to provide the required documents may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, the promoter will, at their discretion, select an alternate prizewinner.
- The prize will not be awarded until proof of address has been provided for both parties, AND the prizewinner has specified the dates in which they wish to redeem their Nelson Tasman hometown holiday prize. A minimum of 4 weeks’ notice must be provided prior to redemption for lead time conditions to be satisfied.
- In the event that evidence is provided suggesting a prizewinner is not the outright owner of their submission, the promoter reserves the right to revoke the prize and re-award it to another entrant.
- The prizewinner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at the discretion of the promoter.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- No prize substitution or changes are allowed except at the discretion of the promoter.
- Prize redemption is subject to availability and lead times.
- All prizes must be redeemed before October 31st 2018.
- If a prize or any portion of a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the promoter (eg conflict between seasonal operations and the prizewinners selected travel dates, force majeure etc), a substitute prize at an equal or lesser value may be awarded at the discretion of the promoter; provided, however, that if prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by the prize-winner, the prize may not be re-awarded.
- All prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
- The prize winner is responsible for any loss of the prize or portion of the prize after it has been awarded.
- The promoter shall not be obligated to award any prize that relates to or arises out of improper or mistaken prize notification, operation or function of this competition.
- The promoter is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or terrorism.
9. Release of liability
- By participating, each entrant agrees that the promoter, and its’ respective employees, shareholders, officers and directors, are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from:
(i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, ineligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, attempts to enter or other correspondence
(ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the promoter that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted
(iii) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the competition
(iv) any and all injuries, losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind, including personal injury or death, or property damage, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, entry or participation in this competition or in any competition-related activity
(v) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- The promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the contest at any time in the event that the administration, security or proper conduct of the competition will be compromised if it were to continue.
- The competition may also be promoted by a third party or parties. The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless the promoter, any third parties, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any entrants representations, warranties or obligations herein.
- The opinions expressed in the videos are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of the promoter. The promoter is not responsible for any materials provided by entrants which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the videos’ creation. The promoter is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in the videos’ and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or the accuracy or reliability of any information provided in the videos’. All statements and opinions made by entrants are those of the entrant only, and the promoter neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same.
- The promoter is not responsible for the content or practices of Youtube, Vimeo or Facebook or other third-party websites that may be linked to the competition. It is expected that the entrant will comply with their terms of service when hosting videos on these platforms.
If you have any questions, or are having trouble submitting your entry online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.