Nelson Tasman’s got more of this!
Posted on Tuesday 15 December 2020
Bigger and better than last time, the Nelson Tasman Summer Adventure Challenge is back, and it’s all about doing something new, supporting local businesses and exploring the region over the Summer break.
The first challenge in September was played by over 800 people in the region, with almost 5,000 challenges completed. Everyone who plays the Adventure Challenge is eligible to win one of the many fantastic prizes along with the main prize package, which was won by Kelly from Nelson who completed 38 of 50 challenges over the September/October school holidays in a team with her two kids.
The updated Nelson Tasman Summer Adventure Challenge focuses on encouraging players to explore new places, try new things and discover the regions’ hidden gems – as well as re-visit some old favourites. This time there are 100 different challenges designed for all kinds of explorers. Whether they are completed as part of a team or individually there are over $7,000 worth of epic prizes up for grabs and more than one chance to win.
The Nelson Tasman Summer Adventure Challenge has been supported by over 40 local businesses who have provided prizes and gives exposure to many more through the range of activities suggested such as browsing the markets, attending an event, taking a scenic tour, visiting boutique shops, eating out and making a picnic with local products etc. There is even a challenge to see the natural flames that burn eternally on the forest floor in Murchison!
While Nelson Tasman is a popular visitor destination during Summer, this is an opportunity for locals to use the Nelson Tasman Summer Adventure Challenge to rediscover the region and become a visitor in their own town.
‘The last Adventure Challenge saw an incredible uptake, with the majority of challenges completed by locals. Some people included their visiting family and friends as a chance to show off the region. We’re assuming that a lot of locals will stay put this Summer, and the Nelson Tasman Summer Adventure Challenge allows them to experience new things in their own backyard.’ says Campaign Project Lead Ali Boswijk, ‘Why would we want to be anywhere else this Summer when our region has wonderful weather, so many great things to do, cafes and restaurants, and stunning places to enjoy!’
The Nelson Tasman Summer Adventure Challenge will go live at midday on Thursday 17th December 2020 and will run for an extended timeframe of 10 weeks until 11pm on Sunday 28th February 2021, giving players the opportunity to tick even more challenges off! All prizes will be drawn on Monday 1st March 2021.
The updated Summer Adventure Challenge follows the same rules where every challenge you complete earns you entries into the draw for the main $2,500 prize. There are also over $4,500 worth of additional spot prizes up for grabs for those who complete individual challenges.
You don’t have to complete all of them to be in the running, but the more challenges you tick off, the more points you’ll earn (and the more fun you’ll have!).
How to get involved in the updated Nelson Tasman Adventure Challenge:
- Download the Goosechase App on your phone and create an account.
- Enter the unique game code B5ZR9E to join the challenge.
- Create your team - or select your team from the list if it’s already been created. If you’re playing individually, just enter your name.
- After joining the game, you’ll be taken to the challenge list.
- Now the fun begins - start completing challenges and earning points!
Main Prize Pack includes:
- Two nights in a two-bedroom chalet for up to four people at Abel Tasman Ocean View Chalets (value $630)
- Split Apple Explorer tour for two adults and two children with R&R Kayaks (value $340)
- Two nights’ accommodation in the Shearer's Cottage for up to four people at The Pear Orchard Lodge (value $580)
- Bike hire for a family of four from Mapua with KiwiJourneys (value $216)
- Two nights’ accommodation for up to four people in the House Truck at Golden Bay Hideaway (value $420)
- A voucher to spend at The Mussel Inn (value $100)
- Two nights’ accommodation in an apartment motel unit for up to four people at Tahuna Beach Kiwi Holiday Park & Motel (value $330)
- Paddleboard hire for four people with Moana SUP (value $100)
For more information please visit: www.wevegotthis.nz/adventure , or contact: