Data Science Intern
We’re looking for a talented Data Science Intern to join us at Datacom for the Summer of Tech!
This is an exciting role where you’ll help solve our customer’s business problems by preparing, analysing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations to optimize results.
You’ll most likely be working with a variety of data (structured, unstructured, IoT streaming), analytics, AI tools, programming languages and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll be studying towards a degree in a quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, computer science etc
- You have a knack for analytics and solving problems using data
- Experience in at least one of the programming languages used extensively in data science (e.g., R, Python, SQL, Java)
- Understanding of data science concepts such as probability theory, hypothesis testing, regression, time-series analysis, Bayesian methods, clustering, machine learning, neural networks etc
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- A high level of curiosity
- Business acumen
- Data visualisation & storytelling
Please send your CV and cover letter to us via the Apply Now button below. We will review the applications and get in touch with successful applicants for an interview. Please feel free to come and visit us at the Nelson Tasman stand at the Summer of Tech Meet & Greet event in Wellington on 12 September!